We apologise that St Canice Church (only) is closed for all services & prayer for some months; the exception is very small weddings and funerals.
The Kitchen is also closed until we can organise it as a reliable take-away.
We are now planning alternative actions to assist parishioners during these difficult months.
See below for online masses, etc.
Paul Fyfe SJ, PP.
In this time in which we are not able to encounter Christ in the assembly or the Eucharist, we always have the opportunity to encounter Christ in the vulnerable, even in ways that protect ourselves and those we wish to help from further risk.
A meal or groceries left on a doorstep, a contribution to a fund for unemployed restaurant workers, a check-in with an isolated older person or a friend who has suddenly become a homeschooling parent—we can all do something, for someone, in this time.
The coronavirus is having an impact on all Jesuit ministries In Australia. However, many are responding in creative ways to the shutdowns, looking for ways to support and connect with you at this challenging time.
Here are some of the things that are available. Please share them with those who might like to participate in them.
Online Mass and pastoral support
- Mass on Demand (St Francis Xavier Church, Lavender Bay): https://www.youtube.com/user/cathnews
- Stations of the Cross online on Fridays at 6pm with Fr Robin Koning – via an “event” on Facebook. https://facebook.com/events/s/stations-of-the-cross-live-str/2474200092684082/?ti=icl
- Fr Frank Brennan’s Sunday homilies from Newman College via Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/frank-brennan-6
- Homily notes from Fr Brendan Byrne SJ, Gospel reflections and Prayers for the People for each Sunday, from the Australian Catholics website or via the weekly Parish Life e-newsletter: https://www.australiancatholics.com.au/parish_signup.aspx
- Star of the Sea Kirribili is mobilising community members who can offer support, and those who need support. It is also offering the opportunity to join in Sunday 8am shared prayer online through Zoom. Details here: https://soskirribilli.com/index.php